Meditate daily so your body-mind-spirit can get accustomed to relaxing. The more you meditate, the easier and more effective it will be. The results accrue over time. You will experience more inner peace, and more peace in your relationships. It’s a lovely gift to give yourself and your loved ones.
If your “inner critic” tells you that you are not meditating properly, tell it “thank you for sharing”, and return your attention to your breathing. Just listen to the music and my voice on the CD. There’s no wrong way to do this meditation. Over time, your inner critic will quiet down as you become familiar with the meditation.
In my opinion, the best time to meditate is mid-day 12:00 noon-4pm when your energy is low, or right after work. But you can meditate in the morning if you like or before sleep. Listening mid-day gives your nervous system a chance to deeply relax and then go back into activity. You will feel so much calmer physically and emotionally. You will be able to think more clearly, and your memory will likely improve. You will probably have renewed energy, and experience a few beautiful hours of inner peace. That’s a great feeling!
If you have insomnia: Use the CD to wind-down before sleep. Many people find their insomnia reduces or is eliminated. If you wake up in the middle of the night, meditate again.
PREPARATION FOR MEDITATION
- Use stereo headphones for best results, but you can listen to this CD without headphones.
- Put your phone on silent. Put a sign on the door, or make agreements with family members not to disturb you unless the house is burning down. This is your time.
- Lie down or sit in a quiet place. Darken the room if possible. Close your eyes.
BEGIN YOUR MEDITATION
- Keep breathing slowly and deeply, focusing on your heart.
- Imagine wrapping a protective bubble around you to keep your energy in, and other’s energy out.
- Imagine a peaceful scene where you feel safe. Many people choose a Nature scene, like the beach, but you can choose any place you like.
- Breathe in the feeling that you get when you imagine your beautiful scene. Focus on your heart.
- Breathe out: imagine letting go of the tension in your muscles. Let it drain down into the earth. Give your muscles permission to relax. Repeat to yourself silently several times: “Relax and let go. Relax and let go.”
- Soften all the little muscles around your eyes. Soften your jaw muscles; let your teeth separate. Let your tongue fall from the roof of your mouth. You might want to gently let your eyes roll to the top of your head, with your eyelids closed. This helps your brain shift into a relaxed alpha brain wave state.
Track 1: Introduction
Track 2: “Breathing and Relaxation”. Use it once or twice a day; more as needed. It’s only 12 minutes.
Tracks 3-5: Use it when you have more time. You’ll receive information from your wise guide. Write down your insights in your journal.
Track 6: Listen to these affirmations when you are getting ready in the morning or soaking in the tub, or any time.
If your attention drifts, just return to the sound of my voice. It’s natural not to hear every word. Each session, you’ll hear whatever you need to hear. If you go to sleep, that’s OK. It means you need the sleep.
Email me: I’d love to hear about your experience. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
~ Benita A. Esposito, MA, LPC
Never listen to this CD in a moving vehicle because you might get drowsy without realizing it. I want you to be safe!