Couples Counseling, Blairsville, GA
I also counsel couples all over Georgia via video-conferencing from the comfort of your home.
Suffering in your marriage? I know how much this hurts. When our loving relationships don’t work well, it takes a huge toll on us … on our emotional, mental and physical health … not to mention our jobs, our pocketbooks and our families.
Does any this sound familiar?
In the beginning, you laughed easily and had lots of fun. You could tell your partner anything and everything.
You had high hopes for a long-lasting intimate relationship, but now you are fighting, or maybe your partner feels far away, or maybe you have drifted away.
You try to communicate your thoughts and feelings, but your partner doesn’t understand you. That’s so frustrating.
You argue, sometimes over the silliest things. You say things you regret later.
Resentment is building, drop by drop, like an annoying leaky faucet.
Or, there’s been a big relationship injury.
You’ve stopped giving each other the gift of your undivided attention. You just don’t have enough time for each other with jobs and kids and household chores.
Being married and lonely hurts. Sometimes, it hurts worse than living alone.
You find yourself thinking, “Am I falling out of love?” Or, you wonder if your partner feels that way.
Inside your mind you ask yourself, “Did I make a mistake?”
You might be thinking the grass is greener on the other side. Or worse, you or your partner has had an affair.
You ask: Why can’t this be easier? What happened to our storybook romance?
The answer is “Yes.”
You can get the love back.
I have helped hundreds of couples do just that over forty years of my career in couples counseling. Your relationship can be deeper and sweeter than ever before, even when there has been a relationship injury such as an affair. To reap the rewards, all you have to do is let me guide you, and practice new skills.
Click here to read Couples Counseling in Blairsville, GA testimonials.
These are a few of the skills you will learn:
- Express yourself in a way that your partner wants to connect with you.
- Become emotionally responsive to each other.
- Listen to your partner’s heart.
- Empathize so you can experience emotional intimacy.
- Experience deeply fulfilling sexual intimacy.
- Respect each other as unique individuals.
- Argue constructively and reduce emotional reactivity.
- Create win-win solutions to meet each others needs.
- Discover your partner’s dreams, and help make them come true.
- Understand your patterns: the ones that work and the ones that do not.
- Set aside defensiveness, criticism, contempt and stonewalling.
- Heal emotional wounds that have been thwarting intimacy.
- Develop appropriate self-care routines to reduce stress.
- Apologize and forgive so your heart opens again.
- Reach true reconciliation so you move from protecting yourself to trusting your partner.
- Be true to your Authentic Self. Stop losing yourself in the relationship.
- Become each other’s best friend and lover.
You don’t have to be married to use Couples Counseling. I also counsel co-habitating couples, engaged couples and dating couples who want to get it right this time. I love to help new couples prevent the suffering from developing in the first place.
Marriage researcher, Dr. John Gottman, found that four behaviors predict divorce with 94% accuracy. I talk about them in the interview below.
Couples Counseling Methods I Use:
Dr. John Gottman found that when using his method, 75% of couples successfully transformed their dysfunctional marriages, even when there has been an affair. Dr. Sue Johnson’s research on her Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy also shows similar results. Because these two methods have been heavily researched over 3-4 decades, I use them. You can search for them on YouTube.
2) “Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy” by Dr. Sue Johnson
As your marriage becomes healthier, you will help your children and extended families become healthier, too. That’s the way we build healthy communities, one couple at a time.
PRIVATE COUPLES RETREAT / MARRIAGE RETREAT: If you want to make more rapid progress, attend a 1-3 day private marriage retreat or couples retreat tailored to your unique needs. Click here to learn more.
EVENTS ~ Workshops and public retreats, including public Couples Workshops. I offer an annual Valentine’s small group retreat.
Benita A. Esposito, MA, is a Licensed Professional Counselor with four decades professional experience, specializing in couples and marriage counseling for S.M.A.R.T. Women and the Men Who Love Them.
S.M.A.R.T. = Spiritual, Mature, Authentic, Responsible, Trustworthy.
Contact me for a complimentary 10-minute interview.
Distance Counseling in Georgia: Online, telephone and videoconferencing available.
Many thanks to Jim Geer and Mark Mote for the TV interview on Common Cup, Windstream channel 4, Young Harris, Georgia, 2015.
There are many paths to wisdom,
but each begins with a broken heart. ~ Leonard Cohen