Marriage Enrichment Workshop
One Thursday, January 19, 2017. 7:00pm-8:30pm
Free and open to the public. Registration required.
Do you know …
- Half of all marriages that end, do so in the first 7 years.
- Four behaviors predict divorce with 94% accuracy: the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Two behaviors predict divorce at 16 years of marriage.
- Unhappy couples have a 35% increased chance of serious illness.
- Happy couples live 4-6 years longer.
- Trying to solve conflicts when you are too stressed only makes things worse. It is kind of like talking to a drunk. You won’t get anywhere.
In this workshop, you will learn practical tools to become a master of marriage.
- Discover the 4 most deadly behaviors that kill marriages so you can stop doing them.
- Communicate, listen and empathize so you develop emotional intimacy, physical intimacy and spiritual intimacy.
Who Should Attend
- Married couples and pre-marital couples: engaged, co-habitating, dating.
- This workshop is inappropriate couples with severe relationship distress, significant emotional or physical abuse, serious emotional or mental health problems, relationships where one or both partners are actively addicted to drugs or alcohol, and relationships with serious compulsive behavior with gambling, sexual acting out (including affairs), and other disruptive behaviors. If these situations are discovered during class, a referral will be made for individual or couples psychotherapy.
This workshop does not include sharing problems publicly. Since the class involves couples doing exercises together, both partners must participate.
This workshop is based on these books:
- The Seven Principles of Making Marriage Work by John Gottman, PhD. Three decades of research on what makes masters and disasters of marriage.
- Biblical Reference Guide for the Gottman Method by David Penner, PhD
- Hold Me Tight by Sue Johnson, PhD. (Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy)
Want a Preview? Watch this TV interview. Search YouTube for Benita Esposito
Where: United Community Bank, Community Room. 177 Highway 515 East, Blairsville, GA 30512
When: One Thursday, January 19, 2017. 7-8:30pm. Please arrive by 6:45pm.
Format: Lecture, interactive exercises and Q&A discussion.
Registration required by 1/17/17. Space is limited to 10 couples.
Call Benita Esposito, LPC at 770-998-6642. Email: Benita@EspositoInstitute.com, or complete the Contact Form on this website.
Facilitator: Benita A. Esposito is a Licensed Professional Counselor with a master’s degree in Clinical Psychology. She has practiced psychotherapy for three decades, helping individuals and couples in private sessions, groups and intensive retreats. She belongs to Good Shepherd Episcopal Church and lives in Young Harris, Georgia. Psychotherapy in Georgia, in-person, telephone and videoconference. Spiritual Counseling worldwide.